Typical work activities
Whereas there are many contracting engineers (construction companies) in South Sudan, there are very few consulting engineers, who provide the requisite consultancy, design and supervision services. Below is a summary of the scope of works for TCE:-
• undertaking technical and feasibility studies and site investigations;
• developing detailed designs;
• assessing the potential risks of specific projects, as well as undertaking risk management in specialist roles;
• preparation, documentation and evaluation of tender(s) documents
• managing, supervising contracts and advising on civil engineering issues;
• overseeing the work of junior staff or mentoring civil engineers throughout the chartership process;
• communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues and architects, subcontractors, contracting civil engineers,
• consultants, co-workers and clients;
• thinking both creatively and logically to resolve design and development problems;
• managing budgets and other project resources;
• carrying out design reviews, as and where necessary to meet the client’s intended objectives while ensuring that relevanodesign reviews;
• leading teams of other engineers, perhaps from other organizations or firms;
• compiling, checking and certifying technical reports;
• reviewing and approving project drawings;
• using a range of design computer packages for designs;
• scheduling material and equipment purchases and delivery;
• attending public meetings to discuss projects, especially in a senior role;
• adopting all relevant requirements around issues such as building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary d massignments;
• ensuring that projects run smoothly and are completed on time and within budget;
• Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirements prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
Key Professional Staff
Johnson Tumusiime - Group Executive Director / Chief Executive
The Executive Director in his office in Juba, South Sudan
Mr.Tumusiime holds a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Nkumba University (Ug), and a Masters in Strategic Communication and Public Relations from the University of Central Lancashire-Preston (UK), Bachelor of Arts (Hons) from Makerere University and a Post Graduate Diploma (PGD-HRM) in Human Resource Management from Nkumba University (Ug), and has attended many international conferences. He has served in senior management and consulting positions in different companies and international agencies in Uganda, Kenya, and South Sudan. He worked with Juba Media under UNDP, ICCO, NCA and DED funding as a consultant. He has served as a Managing Director and Consultant of local enterprises all working on projects funded by different agencies. Some of them are Dabio-Ezo emergency rehabilitation road project, under USAID/ UNOPS, Bandami Bridge Project (USAID/UNOPS, Juba –KajoKeji Spot Improvement and Repair Road Project (World Bank-Multi Donor Trust Fund/Ministry of Roads& Bridges (ROSS),) and others under ROSS. Currently, among other engagements, he is the Group Chief Executive Officer and Proprietor of TUMU Group of Companies, which is the holding company for TCE. The group includes Tumu Hospital Ltd, Tumu Farms Ltd, Tumu Properties Ltd, (all in Uganda), and Tumu Consulting Engineers Ltd, Tumu Medical supplies and MarkEric &desire Associates Ltd (Ageneral supplies company in Juba, South Sudan.
Esther Namatovu Administrative staff.
Ms Esther Namatovu holds a Certificate in Computer Applications from Makerere University – Uganda. She has extensive experience in office management.
TUMU Consulting Engineers